We’re winding down our Security Month after having covered some basic password advice, protecting yourself from phishing attempts and identity theft, and how to spot financial scams before you get snared in them. This week we’re pulling in everything else: 8 tips that didn’t fit neatly into our other topics but are still worth knowing.
1. Pay for gas with a credit card, not a debit card.
2. Be cautious when using public WiFi.
3. Don’t plug random USB sticks into your computer.
4. Look out for ATM/card machine skimmers
5. Review third-party access in Google and Facebook.
6. Patch and update your devices regularly.
7. Back up important photos, files and documents.
8. Watch out for tax scams this time of year (stay tuned for more on taxes starting next week!)
You can read the full article here for more on these tips and why they matter.